Open Until June 16, 2018
We are now accepting applications for a Habitat partner for a new home under construction in Wakefield, NH.
Applications must be filled out completely
and postmarked by June 16, 2018.
Please remember every Habitat affiliate works independently of each other when it comes to the application process. If you send an application in to us, you are applying
for our home that will be built.
Ossipee Mtns. Habitat for Humanity
PO Box 81
Wolfeboro Falls, NH 03896-0081
Due to the confidential information, completed applications can't be emailed or submitted electronically.
Potential applicants should be aware of the criteria for the Habitat program, which has three main elements:
1) The applicant(s) should have a true need for decent, affordable housing.
2) The applicant(s) must demonstrate a stable income stream. Income levels for the successful applicant will be 30-80% of the median income levels for the Carroll County area. Click here for Carroll County Adjusted Median Income Percentages.
3) The applicant(s) must be willing to partner with Habitat and contribute to the building of their home. They are required to log a minimum of 250 sweat equity hours on their new home and should help in recruitment of family, friends, and members of the community to volunteer.
The successful candidate(s) upon completion of the home’s construction will be given the gift of a 20-year mortgage at zero interest. This is a no-profit loan held by OMHFH. A down payment of $500 is required prior to the closing date (monthly payment arrangements are made). The monthly mortgage payment is set up to include escrow.
Applicants must have lived in the Southern Carroll County area for at least one year. This Habitat program does comply in accordance with Federal Fair Housing Laws, and we will not discriminate against any applicant based on race, religion, sex, color, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
Applications can be obtained by:
- 1) Downloading from our website at www.ossipeehabitat.org
- 2) Emailing email@example.com
- 3) Calling our office at 603-569-5664
- 4) Writing us at OMHFH, PO Box 81, Wolfeboro Falls, NH 03896
Applicants will have until June 16, 2018 to fill out and return their completed applications.